The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

reporting tools encryption

Hello!

I have a very regional problem, when we use reporting tools, they seem to be encoded in ansi, but in France, we use a lot of accents, and when we want to use the mail tool, we have to "write wrong" with e instead of é for instance, would it be possible to make it possible for us to use accents, I saw a solution in this post (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/French-Characters-in-an-Email-using-Re...) but if it would be possible to have the option directly in the reporting tools it would be a lot easier for us to use them in an automated way!

3 Comments
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I would guess @Ladarthure  that the best way forward would be to move to Unicode (or UTF)?   That way you have the full character set for multi-region?

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar
hi, we found a workaround for emails at least, we encore the text via a formula into another html code page and it works (ConvertFromCodePage([Text],65001) But I have to say it's not really natural to do so!
AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes