Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

intellisense when updating field in formula tool

it would be great if the formula tool could expand the intellisense to the select column box. For example, I could start typing in the select column box and it would widdle down the list of fields down.let's suppose I wanted to update field 79A, I could type in 7 and it might show something like 

79A

79B.

So if I typed in 79 then, it would further reduce it to 

79A

79B

And i could select 79A.

patrick_digan_0-1614186078945.png

5 Comments
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Didn't the old Formula tool do this?  I'm certain it did.  Because if I wanted to take field "SALES" and create "SALES_X", I could just start typing, and it would fill in SALES, then I could just enter _X.  Very useful for longer field names.

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

YES x 1,000

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This would really speed up work on wide data sets with dozens (or hundreds) of fields.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your feedback!

It's great to see so much input on an idea so early and we always appreciate feedback on how we can prove our UI and the general user experience with our tools. This also gives a good amount of insight some use cases with larger data sets that might not have initially been as visible to our developers.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes