Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Featured Ideas

Issue: Even though the Send Email event is configured for the After Run Without Errors setting in the Workflow Configuration it still sends an email when the execution of workflow is cancelled. I think only the Before Run event should be allowed to trigger in this case.

App: Alteryx Designer x64
Version: 10.5.9.15014

Workflow Configuration ErrorWorkflow Configuration Error

Email ScreenshotEmail Screenshot

I know for - the most part - the Alteryx core data bundle is the only one part of allocate. It would be great if you could open up allocate to the user so we can add our own third party data sources. Just tell us what the requirements are to make our datasets ready for allocate and then we can load it ourselves. Then we can use the allocate workspace to query data in a similar way.

for example:

Geography(DMA,*)
Variable(CYADULT18P,CYADULT18P,False)

There is no way to search the S3 object list for a specific object which can make it impossible to find an object in a list of >1000. It would be great if there was some way of searching the object names similar to the SalesForce Input Connecter (10.5) which allows a user to start typing the name of a table to find it.

It would help if there is some option provided wherein one can test the outcome of a formula during build itself rather than creating dummy workflows with dummy data to test same.

For instance, there can be a dynamic window, which generates input fields based on those selected as part of actual 'Formula', one can provide test values over there and click some 'Test' kind of button to check the output within the tool itself.

This would also be very handy when writing big/complex formulas involving regular expression, so that a user can test her formula without having to
switch screens to third party on the fly testing tools, or running of entire original workflow, or creating test workflows.

It would be good if an option can be provided wherein on clicking a particular data profiling output (cellular level) one can see the underlying records.

May be configurator/designer can be given this option where she can select her choice of technical/business keys and when an end user (of Data Profiling report output) clicks the data profiling result he can be redirected to those keys selected earlier.

One option might be to generate the output of data profiling in a zip folder which would contain the data profiling results along with the key fields (hyperlinked files etc).

Since in such case even data would be maintained/stored, it would be good to either encrypt or password protect the zip file based on various industry standards.

This can be provided as an optional feature under something like advanced properties for the tool, making use of the industry best practices followed in context of report formatting and rendering.

The reason why this should be optional is, not always there might be a need to have the detailed linking back to source level records in place.

For e.g. if the need is only to highlight the Data Profiling outcome at a high level to a Data Analyst this might not be useful.

On the other hand if there is a need for the Data Steward to actually go and correct the data based on the Profiling results, the linking of profiling results back to source data might come handy.

I'd like to see a tool that you can drop into a workflow and it will stop running at that tool and/or start running after that tool. I know about the cache dataset macro, but I think it could be simplified and incorporated into the standard set of tools.

In version 10.5 if the taskbar is auto-hidden and alteryx is the active window - you cannot access the taskbar by moving the mouse to the bottom of the screen.

You have to use the windows key or switch to another application window

Hi there,

Just a quick note on a really small improvement that could be made on the Data Cleansing tool but that could help a lot.

Actually this tool allows us to convert input data with NULLs to either blank or 0 values depending on the datatype.

It would be really appreciated to be able to do the opposite, converting blank or 0 values to NULLs.

When you press tab from from the Test Type combo jumps to the Ok box, think should go to Test Value text box

I am always coping the open workflow path for various reasons - would love a COPY button right here to copy to clipboard.

Please?

Capture.PNG

When I maximize the SQL Editor Window within the Input Tool only half of the screen show the SQL window.  The bottom half of the screen is useless grey space.  Why not have most all of the screen be the SQL window and only a small portion of grey border for the Test Qry, Ok, Cancel and Help button?  I'd like to see more SQL and less wasted space.  Thanks!

When using the Levenshtein distance matching in the fuzzy match it gives you the option to select a match threshold % but does not allow for other options.  Is it possible to provide these additional options in a future release?

fuzzymatchoption.jpg

Similar to the regular formula tool, it would be great if we would be able to configure multiple text to column processes within one tool rather than having to line up several tools when having to convert various fields of different logic at the same time.

StreetGeocoder when finds an address returns its fields in CAPITAL CASE which is no good for showing to user. Can it return in a correct title case? AFAIK, source data are in valid title case, but the tool or data preparation team make a standardization which actually makes all letters capital.

When city is not provided StreetGeocoder tool returns the first one in alphabetical order associated with provided ZIP code. For example, if you submit "380 New York St, 92373" the geocoder will return you "MARIGOLD, CA", instead of Redlands, CA which is the primary place name for 92373 ZIP code.

So if an address has multiple city names within the geocode table, can we provide the recommended city name?

Hey Alteryx Devs - 

Simple fix that would keep me in the flow sometimes, is if I could hit F2 and get to a place where I could tweaky tweaky the annotation.  I keep on finding myself hitting F2 and then am annoyed that I have all these extra clicks to annotate meaningfully.  Easy fix and you don't have anything else attached to F2.  

Thanks!

brian

edit:  Had wrench palette, needed pencil palette!

Sometimes in a crowded workflow, connector lines bunch up and align across the title bar of a tool container.  This blocks my view of the title, but also makes it hard to 'grab' the tool container and move it.

Could Alteryx divert lines around tool containers that they don't connect into, or make tool containers 'grab-able' at locations other than the title bar?

Image demonstrating connector line overlapImage demonstrating connector line overlap

Can we move the "Save" disc that's above the tool ribbon to someplace that is not so easily clicked?  Maybe by icons that aren't used as frequently used as the new and open folders are? 

Problem:

Currently, the scheduling via designer controller is independent of the gallery. So, even after a canvas is deleted, the scheduler still continues to execute the cached version of the canvas, as long as the scheduler exists.

Note, this issue does not occur when the canvas is directly scheduled in the gallery, and only occurs when you schedule via the Designer on the controller directly.

Steps to replicate issue:

1) Publish a canvas into gallery

2)Schedule the canvas to run daily via the Designer --> Options --> View Schedules --> Select Controller --> Create new workflow and schedule

3) Delete the canvas from gallery

4) You will notice that the canvas is still getting run on the defined schedule, even though you have deleted the canvas

Observed in Alteryx 11.5.1

Idea Recommendation:

Golden copy of a canvas should be the version existing in the gallery. Once the gallery instance of the canvas is deleted/replaced with a new version,

• All related artifacts to the old version should be marked as "Deleted"
  • All existing schedules should be stopped from being executed
  • We should continue to retain all meta data attributes and execution history related to the old version (should not be wiped out) but clearly marked as archived/deleted

@SeanAdams @LizaNemchynova

Instead of counting the number of occurrences of the delimiter and then specifying it is there a way to split column for:

1. Every occurrence of the specified delimiter?

2. Only the last occurrence

3. Only the first occurrence

Thanks,

Top Liked Authors