Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Featured Ideas

In instances where many tools need to be connected to one tool, I think a "Connect All" type of function might be useful.

For example if you had 4 threads of data that all ended in a select tool and needed to be connected to a Join Multiple tool, you could grab all of the select tools and the Join Multiple tool, right click, and then select "Connect All" which would connect each select tool to the Join Multiple tool.

I think this could be implemented a few ways:

1) Right-click and select action

2) Keyboard shortcut

3) Holding shift on a selection of origin tools and then clicking on the shared destination tool

I've added a screenshot of a quick Photoshop representation of this idea.

connect all feature idea.png

As a GIS department, we use numerous spatial datasets on a daily basis.  Many of these are quite large and we are looking for ways to optimize their performance.  Right now, we are forced to use an indexed folder system to increase performance, but we would like to move to Calgary databases.  The problem is, that Calgary databases only hold point features which limits the number of our datasets that we can use it with.  If we could spatially index line and polygon features as well, that would dramatically increase the usefulness of a Calgary database.

For the love of god. Put the key to use doing exactly what the name suggests....escaping from windows.

It would be extremely handy to be able to close any open window or dialogue box with the escape key.

This should be an extremely easy fix...

What do you guys think?

-Nick

Hi,

Recently in Feb 2016, Australia released the geocoded national address file to the public for no extra cost and will continually update this each quarter.

I think It would be a game changer to build this functionality natively into the alteryx product to enable any alteryx user simple access to it. also I think it would drive a lot of sales for the alteryx product.

http://www.data.gov.au/dataset/geocoded-national-address-file-g-naf

adrian

Leverage Oauth 2.0 security protocol for the Alteryx salesforce.com connector

Hello,

Can you please develop a macro for batch forecasting using FP Prophet (Similar to Batch Forecasting using the TS Factory tool with ETS and ARIMA)?

Thanks,

Hello!

I recently did Alteryx Weekly Challenge #243, in which i needed to use a join multiple tool at the end to join my three results.

To do this, i joined based on Record Position - and the join was fine, however the order was completely different to that at which was set inside the join tool:

TheOC_1-1626345868403.png

TheOC_2-1626345877763.png

As you can imagine, this was very confusing. However, it seems that if i move one field down, and then back up, it works fine:

TheOC_3-1626345904452.pngTheOC_4-1626345911110.pngTheOC_5-1626345920317.png

TheOC_6-1626345968685.png

This seems to suggest that this selection is not used until it has been adjusted, which is difficult to troubleshoot and may be confusing for new users. I simply suggest a small fix for this, to take this order by default.

Cheers,
TheOC

I am in a corporate environment where our proxy settings are centrally managed and I do not have the ability to change them locally.

Our proxy requires authentication to access the Internet.

Many applications that read the system settings for proxies have a way to let the user enter her credentials, either in a configuration dialog beforehand or with a pop-up for each connection.

Having at least one of these options would save me a number of steps I must currently take manually, out side of Alteryx.

I cannot get an exception on the proxy for my IP address or MAC because that violates our security policy. I am sure I'm not the only one in that situation.

Field Summary is a great tool, but would be nice to have a count and count not null on it.

It would be very powerful to be able to multi-thread batch macros. Since the data for each batch is known and unrelated between batches, it seems like the processing of each batch could be distibuted to multiple processors without issue. This could dramatically increase performance in certain situations.

In the Report Map tool, I'm locked from changing the 'Background Color' menu, and the color appears to be set to R=253, G=254, B=255, which is basically white. 

However, when we use our TomTom basemap, we see that the background is actually blue, despite what's listed in the Background Color window.  (This goes beyond the 'Ocean' layer, and appears to cover all space 'under' the continents and ocean.)  Since we oftren print large maps of the east coast, this tends to use a lot of blue ink.  I've attached a sample image to illustrate this.

My solve to-date has been to edit the underlying TeleAtlas text file and change the default background (117 157 181) to white (255 255 255).  Unfortunately, we lose these changes with each data update.

Could Alteryx unlock the Background Color menu, and have it affect the 'base' layer, underneath oceans and continents in TomTom maps?  Not sure how it might affect aerial imagery.

One of the common things that I find myself doing is to create a random data-set to learn a tool or to test a theory or to build an experiment; or to load-test a flow.

It would be helpful to have a data generator input that allows you to specify some attributes, which then allows you to generate randomized outputs:

- For Int: random between X and Y; with Z rows

- For dates: random between X and Y; with z rows

- for strings; random strings of length X; with z rows; with selectors to allow for letters; whitespace; numbers; and invisible (e.g. control) characters

- Spatial

etc

This would really make it very rapid to whip together data to test a process

Currently Alteryx Designer Custom schedule window only support specifying 1 hour. I would like to request it be changed to Hours of the Day with checkboxes from 0 to 23, similar to Days of the Month.

Alteryx schedule window.png

For the Image Input Tool please add:

1) A wildcard input for filename.

2) A check-box to choose sub-folders.

001.jpg

Would love a tool where I could do Weighted Averages etc.

Ideally be able to write: SUM(Price * Volume) / SUM(Volume) and it would work.

Like for Salesforce Input and Output tools, the Salesforce Wave Output should offer the possibility to change the URL for the connection.

I struggled connecting to Einstein Analytics (Wave) in one of our company sandbox. I could not. However, I succeeded when I changed the harcoded url in both the macro and its related javascript.

Francois

In earlier versions the MongoDB Output did not pass fields with null values; this was ideal for storing individual attributes, where one person may have 4 attributes and another may have only 2 attributes, because we did not waste space storing empty or null values.  The newer versions pass these fields with null values; I would like the option to not pass these fields. Please see an example below.  Thank you for your consideration.

Workflow Results

IDAttribute1Attribute2Attribute3Attribute4
1ABCD
2ZY  

MongoDB Output Current Versions

{"_id" : "1",
"Attribute1" : "A",
"Attribute2" : "B",
"Attribute3" : "C",

"Attribute4" : "D"}

{"_id" : "2",
"Attribute1" : "Z",
"Attribute2" : "Y",
"Attribute3" : null,

"Attribute4" : null}

Desired MongoDB Output (previous functionality)

{"_id" : "1",
"Attribute1" : "A",
"Attribute2" : "B",
"Attribute3" : "C",

"Attribute4" : "D"}

{"_id" : "2",
"Attribute1" : "Z",
"Attribute2" : "Y"}

All your tools should have a mirror rotate feature.

As a good housekeeping practice, I want to create a workflow where connection lines are crystal clear and do not overlap or mess up with other lines.

Expected:

I want to create my workflows in both directions to make it tidy, as shown here:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Give me the ability to show/hide, enable/disable user interface tools via a control parameter.

Top Liked Authors