Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Featured Ideas

It should be made more clear when a container is just closed versus inactive/deactivated. Maybe highlight the container header in pink or light red if it's just closed and not deactivated. I've seen others in my group make the mistake of assuming the container is inactive if they simply close it. The current switch is kind of subtle. 

After we change to a new type, the Forced option should be appear in the new type.

screenshot below is example, i change to V_string but the forced option is still in double.

Pang_Hee_Choy_2-1633427609614.png

it very annoying to change via 2 select tool or edit in xml

Allow users to disable any steps in workflow except input and Join conditions.

To edit existing workflow sometime we may required to remove few steps, it is better if we have option to disable and update mapping instead of delete.

Hi, I'm new to Alteryx; we've had for just about a month. We started publishing our workflows to Tableau and it's working great.

One issue I foresee:

User credentials to the Tableau server are updated occasionally. When this occurs, I will have to update the credentials manually in each workflow. 

The number of workflows we are publishing is growing. Is there a way to automate this process? 

it would be helpful to have the ability to search within field names in the Configuration panel 

There are times where I can have very long lists of field names, and although sorting is helpful, a "Search in .. " feature would be even more so

I did not see this specifically requested in the forums

thanks

aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa_0-1587059827580.png

It would be easy if there is an alteryx tool or in the input tool a configuration  to put an excel password and it opens the file to use it on a workflow.

Pulling data down from Salesforce takes a looong time. It would be a great feature to be able to cache this, similar to how 9.5 added database caching.

Hi

While the download tool, does a great job, there are instances where it fails to connect to a server. In these cases, there is no download header info that we can use to determine if the connection has failed or not. 

Currently the tool ouputs a failure message to the results window when such a failure occurs. 

Having the 'failed to connect to server' message coming into the workflow in real time would allow for iterative macro to re-try. 

Thanks

Gavin

It would be very helpful to do some basic KML formatting, especially changing line/point colors.  To be able to choose colors based on values in the data to make thematic maps easier would save me time.  Maybe within the output tool for KML, or as a spatial tool?

Have a feature in Alteryx that automatically and dynamically creates documentation or a SOP standard operating procedure. I imagine the flow and connectivity of each process  would cause it to be easy enough to translate from a visual display into a written form. This would be extremely helpful to workflows that touch and handle data that has to be accounted for, whether that be through an audit or any other forms of IT controls.

I am aware there are posts on this in the community and that there is a macro available to do this on the public gallery, however I think this is such important functionality that it should be incorporated into the main product.  I want to be able to join 2 data sources by a date range.  In SQL the code would look like this:

select ric.*,map.*
from
Staging.TicksHourlySummary ric
LEFT OUTER JOIN Reference.ReutersInstrumentCodeMap map
on (
ric.#RIC = map.ReutersInstrumentCode
and ric.[Datetime] >= map.EffectiveFromDate
and ric.[Datetime] < map.EffectiveToDate

)

I know there is an idea for Dynamic Summarize, however I think with only small change to Summarize tool this could be achieved. 

If we set the Summarize to Group by all our dimensions but then use ListBox + Action to control which dimensions we want to select - wouldn't it be nice (ahh Beach Boys comes to mind) to be able to tell Summarize tool that if the dimension in group by is not found just ignore it? At the moment it throws an error. I just think such small configuration would achieve this, right? 

Please let me know what you think

I get a lot of requests to replicate the Excel Table format into Alteryx output. When I use Reporting-Table tool, I have option to choose border, give color and size. No dotted border format or any other border formats which excel offers. 

iambhartesh_0-1632481006225.png

Hello,

the randomforest package implementation in Alteryx works fine for smaller datasets but becomes very slow for large datasets with many features.

There is the opensource Ranger package https://arxiv.org/pdf/1508.04409.pdf that could help on this.

Along with XGBoost/LightGMB/Catboost it would be an extremely welcome addition to the predictive package!

Because Alteryx  Designer is using basic authentication (not our standards like Kereberos and NTLM), Alteryx Designer failed to pass our proxy authentication.  Our network security support decide we will use user agent to identify the request is coming from Alteryx Designer and let the authentication thru.  Then we realize Alteryx Designer also does not set the user agent for the HTTPS request.  We are requesting Alteryx set the user agent value for the download tool https request,

Add a search or find function that looks for content within a tool rather than just the tool number. e.g. ctrl Find, to look for any tool that uses a keyword or field in the formula/join/etc. This would save me a boatload of time editing, updating, and troubleshooting my workflows.

Hello!  I use Alteryx for lots of spatial data blending, and 99% of the time that works perfectly.  However, when I try to analyze data in Puerto Rico or some other USA territories, Alteryx cannot read the data and I have to reproject it in another tool so it can.  Can support for all common projections be added to Alteryx so the data can be read in natively?  The GDAL Python code data file "gcs.csv" contains all of the projections I think would be needed.

Hello Alteryx Team,

it is very important to upload json strings to snowflake. The reason is to built data vault 2.0 on snowflake side to have a scalebale dwh. I tried many different ways to do this but nothing works for me. Please can you implement for me this feature for the output tool.

best regards

Jan

This is currently possible with xlsx and xlsm files but not xlsb files. 

Could we please have the option of selecting the fields, like the join tool, within the Calgary Join tool?  It is especially problematic when I simply want to assign spatial object name to a point; i.e customers within a DMA or sales territory.

This would be agreat addition within the ConsumeView Matching tool as well.

Thanks!

Top Liked Authors