Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

ftp Directory tool

It would be nice to have Directory tool working for ftp. I would like to have the list of files on a ftp server including sub folders

11 Comments
TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

mzhukovs
5 - Atom
Agree 100% this would be a fantastic extension for this tool to help sort through the correct files to pull down from an FTP.
jamespw
5 - Atom

+1 This would be fantastic

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

it would be helpful to make the FTP tools very specific - and split the download tool down into FTP downloads / uploads, vs. downloads of websites or APIs.

Additionally it would be helpful to gracefully deal with corporate proxies by allowing the user to log into the FTP server in an embedded browser window, and then keep track of what they do so that the FTP download tool can punch through through corp proxy authentication.

BenBernardo
6 - Meteoroid

This feature will help us alot as we have quite a few sources coming via ftp

djodts
8 - Asteroid

Agreed.  I would like this as well!  Thanks for considering!

pturner_010
6 - Meteoroid

This idea would be very helpful for us as well. It was marked 'under review' 5 years ago...wondering if this is still being considered?

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Coming Soon

As a matter of fact, not only has it been considered, it is Coming Soon! Thanks everyone for your support.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Now that is great news @CristonS 

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Really looking forward for this one. I have a couple of clients that are really interested on this new feature.