Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

enhance layout direction options for tools

Currently we are limited to chossing one of two layout direction options, vertical or horizontal.  Why not make the direction assignable at the tool icon instead of as a module level control.  I could right click the tool and have layout direction as an option which would activate a visual handle which could either allow infinite rotation control or rotation control in 45 degree increments.  You can use Viso as an example of rotational control for a shape.  In Visio the shape rotates, in our case since we are really looking to change the flow direction the icon could remain in the same orientation as it does now but the conenctor point(s) would rotate around the compass in say 45% increments base on the drag of the rotation handle that appears

4 Comments
dawid_nawrot
9 - Comet

This would be the best feature ever.. I'm starting to build quite a big workflows and they're too long, either vertically or horizontally. It would be great to be able to utilise the space that is created by singular direction options as well as make the workflows more readable

karlhansen
9 - Comet

I really like this idea!  Letting me rotate a tool at its position in the workflow would allow more accurate control of the information flow across the workflow.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

murugansabk
5 - Atom

This is very much needed to make a clean workflow which might be understandable to others even. The tools need to have the option to rotate or change the input/output directions.