Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

change default settings in the Alteryx Gallery page

It would be great if the admin could change some default settings on the Alteryx Gallery page. For example, where we have the list of apps, show Detail view and sort by App name ascending by default.

4 Comments
levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

I agree, this should be considered not just for admin but also for users..

By default it sorts by Name, but if you want it to be latest you have to manually do it every time, which isn't very convenient 

JulieM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

@sphwillis thanks for posting this great idea.  I'm marking this as under review and will look forward to seeing any others comment or star as we're looking at ways to improve the user experience in the Gallery.  Keep the great feedback coming!  

carlosmartinezm
7 - Meteor

Hi JulieM, how is the progress on this feature? 

Is it possible already to set default parameters like always ordered by name and more?

In our case we would like to set order asc by default in the Collections. And also to set a wider Name column width so that names are not cutted.

Thanks!

Br

Carlos

steven-barsalou-nninc
6 - Meteoroid

Nine years after the original post:

As an Admin, I would like to set the default page for Alteryx Gallery to Collections, as this is where we publish apps and workflows for users to view.  Users should be able to change this if they desire.

Tableau has a similar feature that works very well.