Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

autorecover macros

The autorecover feature should also backup macros. I was working on a macro when there was an issue with my code. I have my autorecover set very frequent, so I went there to backup to a previous version. To my great surprise, my macro wasn't being saved behind the scenes at all. My workflow had its expected backups, but not my macro. Please let any extension be backed up by autorecover.

Thanks!

5 Comments
CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

thanks @patrick_digan I actually can't believe this is the first time this has come up!

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Yikes, thanks for the heads up!  I never knew this; I'll do lots of saving while macro building from now on!

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Accepted

Thanks for the great idea, @patrick_digan ! We've added this to the backlog and will keep you posted when this is coming soon 😁

NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

This should be working as of version 22.3! Have confirmed that if you make changes to a macro, the Auto Recover feature will include an entry for it, based on how you have it configured *

* For users not familiar with this setting, Auto Recover intervals can be set in User Settings > Advanced > Auto Recover Interval in Minutes

• FYI If you set the interval to 0, it will save an autorecover version for every change you make. This could be good, if you have a higher number of versions kept per workflow... or it could be bad, if you make a bunch of changes and then can't go back far enough... so think carefully about your setting and how much you want to recover!