Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

XML Parse Tool: Do not pass parsed field

Hello

My problem: I've used the download-tool to download a 40mb XML. Parsing the DonwloadData-field containing this XML results in about 6600 records. The XML-Parse Tool passes the orginal DownloadData field to each record, resulting in quite a bit of memory usage:

XML-Parsing ProblemXML-Parsing Problem

Suggestion: An option in the XML-parse Tool to not pass the parsed field in its output. 

Marco

20 Comments
lexhartman
6 - Meteoroid

Any updates about this?

rabulaban
5 - Atom

any updates on this issue ?

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Sorry all, the discussions on this one should be revived. I'll add it to a list to discuss on some upcoming meetings. Thanks for the reminder. 

ChrisK
Alteryx
Alteryx

It would be interesting to try this with AMP. All fields >= 32 KB are stored aside and shared between records. If your field is 31 KB that's no help to you, but for the 40 MB field, the "copy" of that data is free. It won't get you to the PetaByte count. It will only count 9 bytes for each copy of the field.

This is still a good option for the tool, just that with AMP it's not so urgent.

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Accepted

Aparker8709
7 - Meteor

This would speed up my workflow significantly. 

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@Aparker8709 do I have some great news for you! This was released in 2021.4!

Aparker8709
7 - Meteor

What a great reason to update! I'm on 2021.1 but not for much longer!! Thank you!!!

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thank you @Treyson  for updating this thread. 

With Release version 2021.4 and newer, there will be an "Include in Output" checkbox in the XML Parse configuration pane - if you un-check that it will not pass through the parsed field. 

TonyaS_0-1644848279009.png

NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

Cleaning up some Idea statuses - this was released in 2021.4! Thanks for the great idea!!