Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Write Alteryx field descriptions to database field comments

I feel like I must be missing something, but saw a similar suggestion for TDE outputs, so maybe this really doesn't currently exist. We sometimes add descriptions to fields we create, and some inputs come with descriptions, but we can't seem to get them into the final database using the Output tool. Can there be a checkbox to persist the metadata along with the data when writing to a database?

9 Comments
chuck_norris1
5 - Atom

This is a great idea. Hopefully Alteryx is able to implement in the near future.

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello,

this even should be an option in output AND in input. I would like to get the excel comment or the SQL comment in my field description. This would be a great difference with the other products.

NicolasFabre81
8 - Asteroid

Since 11/19/2018 the near future is now in the past... Is this available in version 2019.2 ?

Aum
8 - Asteroid

This would be a great feature and something our team is looking for. It will add value to Connect customer as well. 

MJ
8 - Asteroid
Bump
LisaD
8 - Asteroid

We could also use this functionality!

Thermanni
7 - Meteor

Our company could really use this. We're trying to address the question of how to document the flow of data. We're trying to use Alteryx Connect and we're having some success but it would be an amazing product addition to have a throughline of pulling the column descriptions from the SQL, brought into Alteryx Designer and then either outputted to a DB or Tableau and have that information populate in Alteryx Connect as well. 

BGnichwitz
5 - Atom

Also a feature we would really like to see!

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes