Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Workflow as code

Right now when user share a screenshot of the workflow, we can't see the setting. I would like to be able to save workflow as code (JSON or YML), so people can read the config for each tool in the text file. 
It also easier to do version control as well as quick editing some workflow without open Alteryx Designer.

It also help new user to learn the tool easier. When they see the workflow and the text that describe the config, they can understand it without the need to open Designer -> they can read about questions and answers on the forum using phone and tablet.

4 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your idea and feedback!

This is a really interesting idea and I think our product team would be really interested in seeing how many users might find this useful and hearing use cases so they can better understand the end goal and requests, so be sure to share this idea with anyone else you think would be interested. It also looks like you're relatively new to the idea boards (welcome!) so if you haven't yet be sure to check out our Submission Guidelines as they go over the process after an idea is submitted as well as we need from user engagement on an idea.

Per
11 - Bolide

Hi @haphan_tran,

Are you aware that Alteryx workflows already can be opened in a text editor, as they are basically XML files? At least I think this is what you are asking about, if not, then please ignore this 🙂

It is not easy to read as such, but really handy if you have to update multiple workflows with a new variable, just do a Find-Replace.

CokeLuke
8 - Asteroid

How about opening a workflow in Notepad++? With this, I can see the settings

CokeLuke_0-1614729679121.png

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes