Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Workflow Template

When creating a workflow I generally open a "TEMPLATE" first and then immediately save it to the "NEW WORKFLOW NAME".  My template includes all my preferences that aren't set naturally within the user settings and won't get RESET by them either.  It has a comment box and containers as well as logos and copyrights.  It would be nice to have ready access to this feature.  Maybe others have standards that they want applied to all users and their workflows too.

Thanks,

Mark

14 Comments
paultno
8 - Asteroid

Any update on this?

vitorfc
7 - Meteor

I saw on a session in Inspire 2019 that there is a specific folder (something like Start Here) where you can save your template and then every time you open a new workflow it uses it as the template.

I tried to find this folder but couldn't yet. Does anyone know where is this folder?

Thanks.

Vitor Cavalanti

vitorfc
7 - Meteor

Actually, it is the workflow called Start Here.yxmd that is saved at C:\Program Files\Alteryx\Samples\en\Start Here folder.

You can use this workflow as your template and copy across your team so everyone can use it.

JarodVZW
7 - Meteor

I actually do not have this folder in this location. Any ideas? I am on 2018.4 so maybe that is the issue.

vitorfc
7 - Meteor

When you open a new alteryx window it usually starts with the Start Here.yxmd and a New Workflow1 opened.

Capture1.PNG

Then if you click with the right button over the Start Here.yxmd you can locate the folder:

Capture.PNG

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

You usually need admin rights to edit content in this folder too.

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Revisit

This is not approved for the short term, but we will revisit this in the future.

marcusblackhill
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

This is an interesting topic to think about.

Many companies, I believe, would like to standardize their development processes, making it easier for new hires to begin their projects by following the layout standards at the very least.

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Agree with the idea - we could have this available in a menu option, other than having to edit a workflow that is hidden in one of the installation folders.

Lots of things in Alteryx can be customized and not many people know about it - please let's make these available through the UI!

Shifty
12 - Quasar

I think this should be revisited.