Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Word Wrap within the Cell Viewer

May I suggest that you include a facility to word wrap the cell viewer in a browse. When working with long OuterXML strings, for example, it would be very useful to see the full extent of the string. 

Thank you

4 Comments
jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but isn't that how the cell viewer currently works?

JPoz_0-1581621481842.png

BrendanSheridan
7 - Meteor

Thanks, @jpoz it does indeed, however, it is not truely wrapping as you need to scroll the horizontal bar to read the whole string. If you are working on an unformated XML or HTL and looking for patterns, etc, the the only real alternative is to copy and paste the whole lot into a text editor where you can see the whole text in a single view without having to scroll lef and right.

However, I do get your point, and it is well made, but I am always looing for an easier more efficient way to work.

Thanks

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thank you. I understand the request now.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes