The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Windows Taskbar Progress Bar

Hey everyone,

I'd like to suggest making use of Windows Taskbar progress feature to highlight running workflow status, it would be helpful for when you start a workflow and continue working on another application.

I made a workaround tool I append at the end of my workflows alongside with output tools to do the same thing, having the feature natively in the designer would be better.

the tool doesn't take care of other running workflows or different alteryx windows, it can't detect warnings and errors from other tools, although Alteryx Engine API might be better for this implementation, a quick python one is done for demo purposes.

Attached are the tool and a test workflow to demonstrate the feature, all the best.

5 Comments
jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Coming Soon

This is a great idea! We will be implementing this for the 2019.3 release.

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

This is now available in the 2019.3 release. Download it at http://downloads.alteryx.com

seven
12 - Quasar

How do I turn this off? I don't understand how this is useful.

Generally, new features like this should come with an enable/disable toggle. My eyes just keep being drawn to this constant strobe as my workflows run for minutes and hours.

Please help me turn this off.

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

@seven Thank you for the feedback. As of now we don't have a user setting (you could post a separate idea suggesting this?), but it is possible through windows settings to turn off animations in your taskbar: https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/turn-on-or-off-animations-in-taskbar-on-windows-10.html

seven
12 - Quasar

@jpozFor people without admin access to their machines who want to turn this feature off:

1. Run %windir%\system32\systempropertiesperformance.exe
  2. Uncheck "Animations in the taskbar"

Thank you to Nick Harris for this tip.