Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Which zoom level am I on?

On the canvas, underneath the Run button, there are zoom out and zoom in buttons. It would be lovely if between them existed a number box indicating the current zoom level of the canvas. This would operate much like my web browser, which typically shows 100% unless I have zoomed in or out. Bonus points if the button is clickable to reset to the default zoom level.

5 Comments
CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @seven, we appreciate your idea and feedback! We strive to improve our product and ensure our users are being heard - that's how we make the product better.

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Upon reading this, I've just discovered that you can right click to get to the normal zoom level:

Joe_Lipski_0-1622812524037.png

And from the hot-keys it looks like ctrl + (1-5) control zoom levels, although I use ZoomIt which has control of these hotkeys!

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/shortcuts-alteryx-designer

seven
12 - Quasar

@Joe_LipskiNot sure how your comment follows the idea.

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Sorry @seven, i think read and went off down my own path, missing that the main ask was for the zoom % level to be displayed!

Thanks for helping me learn something new anyway! And I've just noticed now that the last item in the screenshot is actually a container, so can right click the canvas and zoom to one of your containers 🙂

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes