Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Web version of Alteryx Designer

Hello,

Well, the title is pretty simple : it appears that the tendancy right now is to  have web version of any software on a server.

A few notes about that :
-a lot of Alteryx competitors are already in this mode and it's hard to sell you're still with a desktop-only mode for design, even if the product is far better.
-a good idea is the one used by Qlik with Qlik Sense : they still have a desktop and a web version of Sense but the desktop works mainly as an hidden browser plus an engine. The web version is cool too because you can make your own application, or your own data connection etc..
-the main interest of a web implementation of Alteryx would be to reduce installation on client computers (and that means packaging the installer, managing the data connection, the paths, the access to macros... etc) and to have a better control of the users.

PS : this idea is soooo simple and so obvious I'm surprised I didn't find it. It may be a duplicate.

17 Comments
simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @KatieH . Thanks for the answer. I will follow that 😉

Best regards,

Simon

Amarendra
10 - Fireball

Super excited for this one, @KatieH !!! Eagerly waiting to hear from you!

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @KatieH 

I watched the demo video for Alteryx Cloud and from what I understand, it already works. Can we expect Alteryx Server on Premise to do the same in a really near future ?

Best regards,

Simon

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @KylieF,

while reviewing ideas, I stumbled across this one and I think the status should be changed to 'Implemented'. Alteryx released 'Designer Cloud' and the Alteryx Platform in Mid February 2022.

https://www.alteryx.com/products/designer-cloud

grossal_0-1647714931418.png

Best

Alex

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @grossal and @KylieF 

I don't think so :
-Alteryx Cloud is way more limited in features. 100% of my customers use the in-db mode and it's not present in the cloud.

-Alteryx Cloud cannot be on-premise while then again, 100% of my customers (insurances and government agencies).

I won't say it's useless but it wasn't was I had in mind when redacting the idea.

Best regards,

Simon

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Yes & No @simonaubert_bd.

I'd totally agree that Cloud Designer will still need a lot more love to reach parity level with Designer, as well as an on-prem option, but all of this wasn't really part of the original idea or not what was written, therefore I'd still say it's implemented and the rest are additional feature requests that are very likely already on the roadmap or I'd be very surprised if they weren't. Partners like myself have brought them up almost a year ago in the very first alpha / beta versions of Cloud Designer.

Best

Alex

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented