Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Visual Query Builder - Keep Layout after Save

This is a particular pet peeve of mine but I think it would tremendously beneficial.  I would love to see Alteryx hold the layout created in the visual query builder.  

There are situations where I have multiple tables from which I am joining.  when I leave this scree, the format changes back to a standard layout.  It takes valuable time to pull this apart so I can see what I am working on.

4 Comments
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@JohnMaty - I fully agree with you.

The other thing that makes me somewhat tense is when all the work you do to structure the SQL query into a readable form gets thrown away when you change tabs.    

For example - SQL queries in our team are always formatted

Select

<field A>

<Field B>

From

<tables and joins>

where 

<where clauses>

bchunn01
7 - Meteor

Additionally consider, making SQL keywords a different color.

TimN
13 - Pulsar

Can you keep Comments as well. So, please keep the table arrangement after closing the window.  Thanks!

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes