The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

View output to canvas

The below solution requires a refresh on the explorer box, which is no better than using a browse tool.  Would be great if the explorer box (or something similar) could give a preview of the data output from any icon.  This would be great for tweaking parameters in a workflow to see instant results on any outputs.

view to canvas.JPG

6 Comments
DADE
7 - Meteor

I completely agree, this way every time you run your flow you can have some checks along the flow which would show up in the comment boxes to see how your changes have affected these important checks.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

We appreciate your idea and feedback! We strive to improve our product and insure our users are being heard. Make sure to check out our Submission Guidelines and check out ideas submitted by other users and the other idea boards.

DaveD
6 - Meteoroid

Yeah we think this would be really useful for us as well

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

alisonpitt
11 - Bolide

This type of feature would be hugely helpful. I frequently use Alteryx to do validations or comparisons and it's a point of friction that I have to click into output connections or browse tools to see the results of my workflows. I would like to either have a dedicated tool that you could configure for a display, or be able to connect a COMMENT box to a workflow to be able to build a comment similar to how the REPORT TEXT reporting tool works.

This is the kind of thing I had in mind:

alisonpitt_1-1670959841114.png

Amanda_Breeze
8 - Asteroid

Totally agree. I like to check my output against previous iterations so I know if there are any issues. I'm currently pasting the expected results in comment box. Unfortunately, the formatting is terrible (another idea perhaps). I've tried outputting my results to a table but again, I really want to see it on the canvas so I can easily cross check my results against what I expect. Thanks for suggesting!