community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx Designer Ideas

Share your Designer product ideas - we're listening!

Vertical and Horizontal workflow integration

It would be interesting to have the ability to change the orientation of a tool container separate from the orientation of the workflow. For example having a vertical tool container within a horizontal workflow will help keep the workflow short enough to view on one page. Also it would look alot better to collapse and expand vertically in a horizontal workflow.

4 Comments
Meteor

If this was implemented what do you suggest to adjust for interface tools which always run perpendicular to the layout?

Atom

Not sure it would change anything. See below for a very professional rendering of how I would imagine it could work.

vhintegration.JPGvhintegraton2.JPG

Quasar

I really like this idea. I was trying to envisage how it could work with individual tools rather than containers but it would be good enhancement. One of my biggest challenges is keeping workflows 'neat', so anything that helps is important to me.

Comet

i really support this idea.  Think it would help make sense of a messy workflow.  I would also like the ability to right-click on a container and convert to macro, thus making what's inside the container reusable.