The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

VERY difficult to resize windows, eg configuration vs results

I have a dual monitor setup. My canvas lives on the left monitor, and I combine tool config and results on the right monitor. I've noticed that it's incredibly difficult to resize the config vs results window size. This is because you have to hover over EXACTLY the right part of the divider until the resize icon appears, as below:

resizeAlteryx.PNG

The difficulty arises because the target zone, over which the cursor changes from an arrow to the resize tool, is only 1 pixel wide. If you have a high resolution screen, or a slightly fiddly mouse, it's almost impossible to successfully hover over the correct place. Please consider increasing the width of the hover zone to facilitate window resizing. I hope I've explained this adequately, please let me know if I need to amend. Thanks!

6 Comments
RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Comments Requested

We increased the size of the "handle" or target zone to resize in recent releases. Are you still having trouble in more recent versions?

fharper
12 - Quasar

whether on one or two monitor windows I have the same issue and it is at times very frustrating

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@fharper Can you tell me a little more about what you are experiencing and which version you are on?

NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Accepted

Stay tuned! 

JustinGough
5 - Atom

It is good news that the suggestion was "Accepted". The splitter bar width is too narrow. It is difficult to resize panes in the UI. I understand the tradeoff between consumption of screen real estate and usability, but the splitter bars are simply too narrow. 

NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated border sizing in 23.2!