Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

User Interface - Give users control of default settings - COMMENT Tool

The COMMENT tool has a number of default settings.  It would save me a lot of time if the Designer could remember the last settings used.  

This is the panel I am referring to:

CommentDefaults.png

4 Comments
derekbelyea
12 - Quasar

If you don't wish to wait for this feature to be implemented here is a workaround that may make this request unnecessary.

Make yourself a workflow that just has COMMENT boxes configured with all the settings that you use regularly.

Keep this loaded and you can copy and paste any elements you need into the object you are editing.

2018-02-19_00003.png

JoshKushner
12 - Quasar

This is a phenomenal idea. I think this would be even more powerful if global preferences could be set. Then we could save our own personal settings or we could define team's style standards. Maybe the global preferences could be managed with an external file just like the Tableau preferences file.

derekbelyea
12 - Quasar

The global environment variables idea has been kicking around for a long time and many users have asked for it.

Here is one of the past requests that attracted comments, including mine

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Product-Ideas/Environment-Variables-Constants/idi-p/24940

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes