Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Upgrade Pandas via Package.installPackages() to version 1.1.2

When I proceed with this command in a python tool:

from ayx import Package

Package.installPackages(package='pandas',install_type='install --upgrade')

in Alteryx it only updates to 0.25, but the Latest version is 1.1.2.

When I would like to upgrade from the Python side i get the following:

ERROR: ayx 1.0.54 has requirement pandas<0.25.0,>=0.24.2, but you'll have pandas 1.1.2 which is incompatible.

Can you please make sure we can upgrade to the latest version of pandas without any compatibility issue?

This is important because of json_normalize. Really useful tool, available from pandas 1.0.3!

3 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your feedback! It's great to see an idea pertaining to our Python tool.

Your idea looks good to go to product once the necessary like count has been met, in the mean time be sure to check out our other users' Python ideas using the Category Developer label.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

Hello!

Our product team is excited to say we have upgraded Pandas within Alteryx alongside Python. Pandas is now on version 1.1.0 starting with version 2020.4. You can download this version of Alteryx here and be sure to let us know what you think in our Discussion boards!

Istwineres
8 - Asteroid

Hi, is it possible now to update pandas to 1.2.0 version on older Alteryx version (2020.3)? Many thanks!