Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Update needed for Salesforce Connector to v37 (or later) of the REST API

I need to be able to connect to Salesforce CampaignInfluence object which is only available through API v37 or later. Currently, the Salesforce Connectors of the REST API is on v36 whereas the latest version is v41 (about a year gap between v36 and v41). I was told that there was no immediate plan to update the default connector to the latest version. It would be nice to have visibility on objects available on the newer versions.

3 Comments
aMac
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ARMorgan, have you tried to modify the Salesforce Macro by the Connector in the file directory ProgramFiles/Macros/SupportingMacros? Open the SalesforceInput/Output macro and then look for the Formula Tools-- within these Formula tools, there is a field constructed called 'url' and within that url field you can edit this url string:

[Field1]+'/services/data/v20.0/query/?q=select+'+[Concat_name]+'+from+'+[table]+[where_string]+[recordLimit_string]

Adjust the '/services/data/v20.0/' to  '/services/data/v41.0/' to call the latest (as of this post) API version 41.0. Make sure you SAVE AS and make a copy of this Macro before you make any changes in case you make any unintentional changes

Certainly not ideal but hopefully helpful in mean time

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback- please continue to star if you have a need for this functionality.

Best,

Alex

tkreykes
6 - Meteoroid

I'm looking for version 49 or higher but I also need the "new" Salesforce connector to save credentials and configuration in the gallery.  Because of the issue saving, we have to continue to use the deprecated Salesforce connector.