Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Unlock Background Color in Report Map Tool/ Allow white background in TomTom

In the Report Map tool, I'm locked from changing the 'Background Color' menu, and the color appears to be set to R=253, G=254, B=255, which is basically white. 

However, when we use our TomTom basemap, we see that the background is actually blue, despite what's listed in the Background Color window.  (This goes beyond the 'Ocean' layer, and appears to cover all space 'under' the continents and ocean.)  Since we oftren print large maps of the east coast, this tends to use a lot of blue ink.  I've attached a sample image to illustrate this.

My solve to-date has been to edit the underlying TeleAtlas text file and change the default background (117 157 181) to white (255 255 255).  Unfortunately, we lose these changes with each data update.

Could Alteryx unlock the Background Color menu, and have it affect the 'base' layer, underneath oceans and continents in TomTom maps?  Not sure how it might affect aerial imagery.

2 Comments
KatieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi @mandycgray,

I see the dilemma! As part of the long-term Reporting refresh we'll be taking a close look at our Report Map options. There are several other Reporting tools we'll be tackling first, but we will certainly get to Report Map and I'll be sure to encorporate this feedback into the discussion!

Thanks,

Katie

NickPa
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This is possible today. The Alteryx Data Products team had previously provided a solution for this by editing the map file that's shipped in the Spatial and Data products.

Mandy, i don't think we talked about this last week.  Please let me know if this is still an issue?