The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Undo Container Rules in 11.7

We just updated to 11.7 from 10.5.

The Container adding/removing rules were changed somewhere in there and the change made it much harder to remove tools from containers. Is there any way to undo these changes or look into a better set of rules to use?

Nick

4 Comments
RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Comments Requested

There is not a feature that would allow you to change the rules. Can you tell me a little more about the changes you are seeing and how it is impacting how you use Alteryx?

Nick_Yarbrough
8 - Asteroid

Rachel,

Thanks for responding.

I'm not trying to change the container rules. I'm asking Alteryx to look at changing container rules on the back end. Somewhere between 10.5 and 11.7 these rules were changed and now the way containers release tools is infuriating. 

Nick

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Nick_Yarbrough There haven't been any intentional changes to the container rules between 10.5 and 11.7 to my knowledge. This may be an unintentional change. Can you tell me a little more about what you are seeing, so I can investigate? 

NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Inactive