Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Undo Button Enhancements

The Undo button in Alteryx has saved me many times! Unfortunately, I never know what all was "undone" when I click the button. It would be nice to update the Undo process in 2 ways:

• Replicate the Excel undo drop down (which includes a brief description of what will be undone and allows you to undo multiple actions at once).

Undo.PNG

• Move your location on the canvas to the area affected by the Undo-ing. Currently your location on the canvas doesn't change when you press Undo, even if the change being undone was off screen.

3 Comments
bbartlett
6 - Meteoroid

This would be helpful.  I was thinking of it as a change history.  Maybe a brief description of the change and a timestamp.  Being able to roll a workflow back to a specific point in time/change and save it would be amazing.

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Not Planned

Thanks for submitting this idea! We'd like to make some improvements to undo functionality in general, but we don't have this planned on the roadmap for the next year. 

DanielG
12 - Quasar

Please look at this one again.

It would be mighty helpful to know what changes have been made and what order so it will be easy to undo to the correct spot.

Thanks