The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

True/False Output for Date Filter

The regular filter tool is great because I get the true and false returns. When doing ad-hoc analytics it would be super helpful if the date filter did the same thing.

In the example below, I had to create an "IF" statement that returned a T/F value and then fitler out based on the output of that formula.

Date Filter.jpg

7 Comments
RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Just wanted to make sure that you realize that the Date Filter tool is actually a macro. This means you can open the macro and actually add this yourself...just add another Macro Output tool to the False side of the Filter tool that is currently in the macro.

FYI...by default, you would not be able to save it over the existing macro because of Windows folder write access where the standard macros are installed. But you can save it to your own folder without a problem.

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I did not! Thank you for lettimg me know. I will remove this post.

RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Yes, until about a year ago, I didn't realize there are several tools that are actually macros (Count Records being another one). Smiley Embarassed

Another FYI...you can turn on a "macro indicator" in User Settings on the Canvas tab which will show you when you drag a tool onto the Canvas that it is a macro. I find this a useful option.

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Oh that is awesome! Thank you Rod!

BenG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

While there may be a workaround for this request, we do want to resolve it at some point.  The current plan is actually to include the date time filtering functionality in the Filter tool so that the Date/Time Filter is not needed.  This way, you would have the functionality being requested for Date/Time types.

Thanks,
Ben

BenG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Accepted

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

Good news! We've improved the basic filtering functionality in the new Filter tool (released today!). It now includes easier date filtering to take the place of the Date Filter tool (now deprecated). The enhancements also include even more date filtering and datetime filtering options. Check it out on our Downloads page.