Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Toolbar tweaks

I really like the new toolbar & tool palette. I think that the toolbar would be improved by a couple of (hopefully) minor tweaks:

1) The ability to 'lock' the Favorites toolbar so that it is always visible, no matter how far you have to scroll

2) The ability to move tool sets within the toolbar so that those less used are further off to one side

4 Comments
LauraS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Thanks Tom, both of these requests are being planned for a future release post 9.0.
jhollingsworth
7 - Meteor
I would add to this the ability to turn off the tool tips. I often find that the cursor ends up sitting on a tool tip and then the tool tip covers up part of the canvas. Easy enough to correct, but annoying.
LauraS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
In 9.0, you are able to lock the favorites category along with any other categories you desire. 
GeoffJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Hi John,
In 9.5, we have changed the functionality of the tool tips to try to make things better for both new and existing users.
For tools in the Tool Palette:
- A single click opens the Tool Tip
- A double-click pops up a message (for new users) that says "Drag and Drop onto Canvas Below"
- Hover does nothing.

Hope this helps,
Geoff Jones
UI/ UX Product Manager, Alteryx