Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Tool to write out log file for desktop

I do a lot of ETL with data cleanup. I'd really like to be able to output the log file of any processes run on my desktop Alteryx. This would also allow adding Info tools to capture changes. The log file could be parsed and recorded as processing metadata.

2 Comments
DultonM
11 - Bolide

It's not just the Desktop that could benefit from a more obtainable log; Gallery users could benefit too! The output window provides valuable information, but Analytic App users lose this valuable feature when running apps in the Gallery. I would love for the Output Log to be one of my app's outputs. This could serve multiple purposes including helping to identify unexpected warnings or conversion errors that wouldn't otherwise be obtainable and enabling the app to output custom messages via the Message tool that app users can read to better understand what went on when the app was ran.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes