The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Tool Reordering

It would be nice if we could change the tool numbers and effect which one gets done first. If I'm working on a module and I later add some more analysis upstream it won't get done or pulled first since it has a greater number. a simply ability to change the numbers would really make things a lot easier and it will allow the flow of work to flow smoothly visually
3 Comments
Ned
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Just an FYI - its not that simple.  Inputs do not always read in tool # order.  For instance any inputs that attach to the right side of a spatial match or Find/Replace (and other tools) will get read first.
levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball
I understand that, but for the majority of my departmant and users at Kaiser we don't use spatial match, and if you put in an note or asterix saying for this tool to work the right side must be before the left then it leaves it in the user to make the adjustment.
This ability would be more for advanced users with complex modules and their level of expertise will be able to handle in my opionion making sure certain tools are placed in the right order
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Revisit

Thank you for your post! While we like this idea, we're unable to place it on the road map at this point, however our product team would like to keep this idea in mind for the future. We'll update this post again once we can confirm if or when we can place this idea on the road map.