Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Too much Visual Query Builder blank space

I've had several of my users complaining about the Visual Query Builder view after the last couple of releases. When you maximize the window, half of the screen is taken up by blank gray space and there is no way to adjust it and it's very difficult for those who do not know SQL to build their queries in this very small white space. Need to be able to adjust the gray space.

visual query builder.jpg

35 Comments
Jrogers2012
5 - Atom

Completely agree with @Matt_Curtis. Having the extra space when building visual queries is critical to my work.  @MargaritaW, Thank you for the help and please keep me updated with any progress.

@jpboyd58
leonj
7 - Meteor

I also recently encountered this issue since upgrading to 2018.2. The issue only came up after I upgraded from 11.7 to 2018.2. This should be treated as bug and not an enhancement. A hot fix appears to be in order.

jtwmoore
8 - Asteroid

As a new user making the transition from Access/SQL Server to Alteryx, the Visual Query Builder is crucial. I probably won't upgrade from 11.7 until this is fixed. Please release a hotfix to address this issue.

MargaritaW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Absolutely @Matt_Curtis and @jpboyd58 ! I'll post any new developments here as soon as I have them. 

crash_data
5 - Atom

Experiencing the same issue in 2018.2 but I am glad to hear they are working to fix it hopefully by next month.  I guess for now we have to manually extend and shape the window to size.

MargaritaW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

As promised, I'm back with an update. Good news, our development team is working on a fix for this issue to be included in the 2018.2 stable update that we're hoping to have out in July. I'll keep you posted.

@Matt_Curtis @JohnMaty

Matt_Curtis
9 - Comet

Thank you!!

wedidit.gif

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Thanks, All, for reporting this! A fix for this will be included in our 18.2 patch release in several weeks.

Best,

Alex

Mark2
7 - Meteor

Several weeks???

Seems like Alteryx does not care about users experiencing problems.

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Mark2,

We certainly care about our customers, which is why we're doing thorough testing to make sure this fix doesn't break something else.  Unfortunately, that takes some time. Thanks for your patience.

Best,

Alex