The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Timestamps from Results Pane

For the purposes of troubleshooting/optimization, it might come in handy to have a timestamp column in the Results Pane. Especially with processes time-consuming enough that I let them run in the background, I would like to know which steps are particularly time consuming, and seeing when the messages were generated would at least be a start.

8 Comments
rdoptis
11 - Bolide

There is an option in the Workflow Preferences to "Enable Performance Profiling" for your workflow which will tell you how long, and what % of total each tool takes.

Profile.png

Output:

output.png

The only thing this is missing from your proposed idea is the raw timestamps. 

Regards,

Ryan

daniel_mmi
9 - Comet

Thanks! That works for me.

danielkresina
9 - Comet

I agree that raw timestamps in the results pane would be very useful.  The profiler doesn't help with InDB workflows, for example.  If I had a timestamp next to each message in the results window then I would know when each temporary table was created, or each stream in/stream out was completed in my workflow.

I assume this wouldn't be too difficult of a feature to add?

lminors
9 - Comet

This would be a straightforward addition but would allow tracking of when a workflow was run, when a file was created/changed, when something errored etc etc.

Too many times I've missed the pop-up and not been certain of when my workflow had run without digging around and looking at file creation times etc.

ccruzagosto
7 - Meteor

I agree with @danielkresina, having timestamps in the results window would be very useful.

anotherusername
8 - Asteroid

Definite vote from me too.

The timestamp exists in the e-mailed log (if you send that from Events tab), so it should be easily addable to the Results window given that the data is already tracked in the log.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

marcusblackhill
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

It would be awesome to have the performance profiling as a global configuration in server