Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Text wrapping in the formula tool

Would it be possible to have the text wrap inside the box when we are creating new formulas?

19 Comments
AgentQrange
5 - Atom

I would also appreciate this.  I can't recall now for sure, but I thought it used to do that, so recently it's been driving me bonkers.  Though maybe I'm just creating more formulas now than I used to do, so I'm just noticing it more.

levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

I agree with @JP2 please bring this back

PCAM
7 - Meteor

Adding my voice. For those of us with a bit less visual acuity, the text wrap is a big help. Please bring it back.

mhgarcia
8 - Asteroid
This would be incredibly useful.
RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Thanks for submitting this idea. Unfortunately, removing the wasn't an intended change. We've resolved the issue and you'll see it in the February release. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

JP2
7 - Meteor

Much appreciated everyone!

derekbelyea
12 - Quasar

This one has my vote

RSK
7 - Meteor

Agreed. Or even a pop-up expandable window option.

Brente123
6 - Meteoroid

Agree - please add this as an enhancement!

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for your comments on this thread. We have resolved the text wrapping issue and will be shipping the fix along with our February release. I apologize for the inconvenience.