Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Text Input Tool - Paste Multiple Cells

Support richer copy/paste functionality within the text input tools.  Specifically allowing multiple records to be pasted at one time when bringing in lists from an unsupported file sources.  

Currently when multiple rows or cells are selected and copied.

Image 20180406-20.jpg   

Only 1 value is copied into the text input record:

Image 20180406-21.jpg

Adding and selecting multiple rows results the same - only 1 record pasted.  

Image 20180406-22.jpg

5 Comments
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I get the same results when I use the Keyboard shortcut Ctrl+V. However, if I use the paste button at the top of the Text Input Configuration window, the source cell arrangement is retained for me.

Text Input Paste.png

Toddwithee
5 - Atom

Yup that totally works, I hadn't tried anything besides the keyboard shortcuts.   Thanks!

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Thank you for suggesting this! We are making several improvements to paste within the Text Input, including this.

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for this suggestion! It is now available, along with several other Text Input improvements, in the 2019.4 release (https://downloads.alteryx.com).

akmuthu
7 - Meteor

I'm trying to copy 2000 records from a text input tool and paste this in another input tool. I tried using the copy-and-paste options in the Text Input tool and tried Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V options. When I paste, I could paste only the first cell. Is holding and dragging the mouse and copying all the 2000 rows manually is the only option? Or is there any keyboard shortcuts? Thanks.