Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Text Box -- Default Text -- Allow Formula's

I was thinking that if I add a Text box to my app -- there is an option to add Default Text. It would be nice to make that a little more dynamic.

Here is my use case. I want to put the current year in as default text to then use it in a filter tool. It would be great to be able to put a formal in that always get the current year -- but allows a user to overwrite it if they want to do another year. The way I envision it could be:

DateTImeYear(Datetimenow) would show 2020 by default, but a user could overwrite it to say 2019 instead.

Another example is folder structure. If a department is consistent with their folder structure where only a year change:

'C:\Tax\Returns\' + str(DateTImeYear(Datetimenow) would show C:\Tax\Returns\2020. Next year it would show 2021...etc.

Thanks,

Seth

8 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

We appreciate the feedback!

We’re doing our best to insure all product ideas are reviewed and commented on by Alteryx when the necessary criteria are met. Be sure to check out our updated Submission Guidelines for any board or criteria related questions!

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @smoskowitz - this idea would be helpful in many different circumstances - perhaps could be achieved by adding an anchor to allow action tools to influence the input tools?

cc: @Claje 

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This would be a nice add.

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Hi @pat @SeanAdams --

Thank you both for your support! I too see great automation benefits with this.

Seth

DCombs79
5 - Atom

I have a scenario where I need to dynamically change the text of the question in the text box tool based on input data.

jzkyburz
8 - Asteroid

+1 on this feature add!

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

maryjdavies
5 - Atom

I would love to be able do this too!