Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

TLS/SSL support with Alteryx Database Connectors

Hello,

I had a business case requiring a cost effective and quick storage solution for real time online sourced survey data from customers.  A MongoDB instance would fit the need, so I quickly spun up a cluster on Mongo Atlas.  Atlas was launched by MongoDB in 2016 as a database-as-a-service deployed on AWS.  All instances for Atlas require TLS/SSL to connect.  Currently, the Alteryx MongoDB connector does not support TLS/SSL connections and doesn't work against Atlas.  So, I was left with a breakdown in my plan that would require manual intervention before ingesting data to Alteryx (not ideal).

Please consider expanding this functionality on all connectors.  I am building Alteryx out in my agency as a data platform that handles sensitive customer information (name, address, email, etc.).  Most tools I use to connect to secure servers today support this type of connection and should be a priority for Alteryx to resolve. 

Thanks,

Mike Schock

28 Comments
KHURST
5 - Atom

Another vote for SharePoint SSL connection...please!

The last update was in January 2018 - stating that there were no immediate plans for this functionality. How many people need to "star" or request this functionality for it to be seriously considered? Please provide updated feedback to the Alteryx community. Thanks!

nlewis
7 - Meteor

Oracle, SQL Server

Chandler_Bing
8 - Asteroid

Sharepoint!!

MackStewart
8 - Asteroid

This has been an issue for 2 years.

Surely it has reached critical point?

This is the error message that I get for Connect In-DB

err.jpg

Anuj
8 - Asteroid

Sharepoint SSL 

carlatetangco
5 - Atom

Sharepoint pretty please...

jonriddle
8 - Asteroid

Has there been any movement on this one?  When I first commented, I was just testing around with some stuff.  Since then, our company has built some of our applications with MongoDB as the backend.  This is now a necessity for me.

BmsAnalytics
5 - Atom
We connect Mongo database on daily basis which is on-premise replication of MongoDB instance with TLS is enabled on the server.

So if we can get support to connect to a MongoDB with TLS/SSL enabled. Which can handle the SSL negotiation in communication with the database then that will be great