Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Support for scheduled queries

Hello all,

Some Database, including Hive, support natively scheduled queries (yes, the scheduling configuration is inside the database, not through etl/dataprep system). I think this would be an interesting feature for in-db workflow output : you play the worflow once and then only have to run it when it changes, the database do the scheduling. 

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Scheduled+Queries

Intro

Executing statements periodically can be usefull in

• Pulling informations from external systems
  • Periodically updating column statistics
  • Rebuilding materialized views

Best regards,

Simon

4 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your feedback!

This is an really interesting idea, and our product team appreciates the feedback on what new processes and features users would be interested in seeing within Alteryx. 

For anyone who stumbles across this idea and is new to the idea boards, be sure to check out our Submission Guidelines since they go over the process and necessary like count for review in a bit greater detail.

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @KylieF 

I'm not exactly new on the Idea Board (first idea maybe three years ago) but the rules may have changed. Did I miss something on my idea?

Best regards,

Simon

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @simonaubert_bd!

The guidelines were updated around five or so months ago, so there might be a few new things. However, overall your idea looks good and that recommendation was more aimed towards any new users who find their way to the idea boards since the guidelines are technically on a different board and are a bit easier to miss.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes