The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Support file format .mrr

Multi-Resolution Raster format, or .mrr, is a MapInfo Pro Advanced file format that is becoming increasingly common as an output option for many software providers.  It is being used in place of .grd and .tiff file formats in some instances, because of its many advantages over most raster formats.  I would like to request that alteryx allow .mrr files to be included as input options, as it seems this trend isn't going to decrease anytime soon.

18 Comments
_salvador_soto
6 - Meteoroid

We really need this and I hope Alteryx can get on this one ASAP!

BenG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Thank you for your request.  

We are tracking this idea and hope to see additional comments on the need for it. Please continue to comment and star the idea.

Thanks,
Ben

vaughangary
8 - Asteroid

"Upgraded" our MapInfo based software and now GRD files are obsolete.  I no longer need GRD functionality in Alteryx, and absolutely need MRR import.

Please, please, please?

nextelspe
7 - Meteor

+1.  Since MapInfo went to 64bit, the Vertical Mapper grd/grc formats are obsolete.  Need .mrr.  This is a big deal for the Telcom industry using Planet.

rashidsyed
5 - Atom

+1. Is there any update on this? It has been long since we need this.

Is there a way around in the mean time?

rhejav
6 - Meteoroid

Is there a timeline on when this is going to be added as a format in Atleryx?  Most of the files we are working on now are in this format.

NickPa
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

I'm the PM for Alteryx's geo-spatial capabilities, including geo-spatial data formats and connectors.  

This is definitely on our radar, and we're currently working with Pitney bowes to aquire the MRR libraries that would enable us to support importing mrr data files into Alteryx.  This is a proprietary Pitney bowes format, and need to work with them to make this a reality.

We currently do not have a timeline, but i'm hopeful to get something before end of the year.

Thanks.

Stringpark
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @NickPa, Any headway on this? Just curious.

AmandaCarew
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I'm curious about any additional headway on this request.  Even if there isn't a timeline, is there progress towards implementing this? We have several groups we support that would consider this a necessity for their daily operations.

Thank you,

Amanda

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hello,

I would to know current progress.
I and our customer need to read and write mrr files.

GRC/GRD files are too large size to handle and have some problem.

In Telecom Industry, this is important function.

Thank you.

Kajitani