Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Spell Check in Documentation Tools

Can a spell check option be included that will check the spelling in the comment tool text box and tool container captions?

Ideally a global check would be nice for the annotation section of each tool, especially if it can be determined if I changed the annotation from the default one on some tools.

7 Comments
RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

@gedeborj Good news! Both Comment and Tool Containers have spelling error indications. 

Comment: Spelling errors are displayed via a red wavy line when writing or editing a comment from the configuration window or editing from the canvas. 

Tool Containers: Spelling errors are displays via a red wavy line when writing or editing a container name from the canvas. 

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hi @RachelW

How the language to check is defined?

Some use cases :
On my computer, Alteryx is set in French. On some project, documentation is also in French, on some others, especially when I have to work with foreign coworker, it's in english.
And is it possible to disable this checking?

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

The language check is based upon the language you selected in the installer when you installed Alteryx.

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

oh, ok... so I will have everything in red :(

m477
5 - Atom

Since 2 years have passed: Is there any way, to turn the language check off? My comments usually are in german so they are completely red and input is lagging.

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar
m477
5 - Atom

Thank you. That would be a good solution!👍