Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Specify the row where data starts

Currently on the input tool I can only specify if the first row contains data.  It would be great if I could simply specify which row the data starts on, ie. row 4 or row 500, and then specify which row, if at all, contains the headers.

16 Comments
cbridges
11 - Bolide

@ARich I agree with @cpbrehmer and @bpschoon that specifying the row for .xlsx files would be helpful as well.

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for all of the feedback! I have added "Specify Which Row to Start Data Import for .xlsx Files" to the backlog and we should be able to get that in for 11.0!

Best,

Alex

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

MizunashiSinayu
8 - Asteroid

For the while, use filter skip 1st N records :D

You can rename the fields using multiple methods one of them would be select tool :D

PedroPerdomo
7 - Meteor

Hi,

What can I do when my data (or data that I need) start in cell "A3" and I want to used the headers from cell "A4" down.

any suggestion?