Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Sort/Filter formulas in Formula Tool

For some workflows I see the value of concentrate a high number of formulas in a single Formula Tool, specially when you have a considerable number of simple and independent formulas. This makes future changes to the workflow easier, since you (and other in your team) know where exactly to find the formulas in a workflow. But as higher the number of formulas in Formula Tool, more difficult is to find a specific formula in the tool.

My suggestion is to implement a sort option - so you list the formulas/columns alphabetically - and/or a filter option - bringing the relevant formulas/columns as you type. 

Since I am relatively new in the Alteryx world,I am not sure if there is an alternative for that (officially or unofficially speaking).

Thanks. 

3 Comments
RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: New Idea

@brAlm Thanks for your feedback. We're always looking for ways to make the Formula tool better. We'll consider this for future improvements. 

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

@brAlm Thanks for your feedback. We're always looking for ways to make the Formula tool better. We'll consider this for future improvements. 

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Not Planned