The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Sort/Filter formulas in Formula Tool

For some workflows I see the value of concentrate a high number of formulas in a single Formula Tool, specially when you have a considerable number of simple and independent formulas. This makes future changes to the workflow easier, since you (and other in your team) know where exactly to find the formulas in a workflow. But as higher the number of formulas in Formula Tool, more difficult is to find a specific formula in the tool.

My suggestion is to implement a sort option - so you list the formulas/columns alphabetically - and/or a filter option - bringing the relevant formulas/columns as you type. 

Since I am relatively new in the Alteryx world,I am not sure if there is an alternative for that (officially or unofficially speaking).

Thanks. 

3 Comments
RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: New Idea

@brAlm Thanks for your feedback. We're always looking for ways to make the Formula tool better. We'll consider this for future improvements. 

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

@brAlm Thanks for your feedback. We're always looking for ways to make the Formula tool better. We'll consider this for future improvements. 

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Not Planned