Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Snowflake Bulk Loader Compatible with Azure

Hi All,

Was very happy to see the Bulk Loader introduced for Snowflake during last release. This bulk loader is specifically available for Snowflake environments that are hosted on AWS, but does not provide functionality for those environments using Azure. As Snowflake continues to build momentum, I imagine this will be a common request. Is there something in the pipeline to add this functionality?

For an interim solution, we will be working toward developing some generic scripts/snowsql to mimic that bulk load, but ultimately we'd love to have this as part of the tool.

Best,

devKev

15 Comments
sslee
5 - Atom

Experiencing the same issue. Do you mind going a bit more in depth about your work-around solution? 

The_Data_Loop
8 - Asteroid

Same issue.

Alteryx - Are you able to provide an interim solution prior to an official release?

Thanks!

Leif
6 - Meteoroid

We have recently moved our entire data warehouse to Snowflake hosed in Azure.

Not being able to write to Snowflake in Azure greatly diminishes the value of our significant Alteryx-investments. This is a critical showstopper for us.

@The_Dev_Kev_Env wrote:

For an interim solution, we will be working toward developing some generic scripts/snowsql to mimic that bulk load […]

Is there a workaround we can use until this has been resolved?

GrahamL
8 - Asteroid

Hi all

We've worked around this by building a macro that is loosely based on @bkocarnik excellent post

about how to leverage the SnoSQL command line tool to move data into Snowflake regardless of whether it is AWS or Azure hosted. Suggest you take a read and build your own variant of the macro.

Cheers

RB

The_Data_Loop
8 - Asteroid

@GrahamL 

Thanks for this. Working through using snoSQL as a backup just incase I get to the end of this project without official support.

I can't see how this will take much longer to develop into an integrated tool with the demand.

I have been surprised before at how fast Alteryx can implement new features but also how incredibly slow the dev team is when dealing with tools that ingress and egress data.

GrahamL
8 - Asteroid

All good - let me know if you run into any issues

JasonLahr
6 - Meteoroid

Any updates on when a bulk loader for Azure Snowflake may be available? 

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Coming Soon

I'm excited to say this idea is being updated to Coming Soon as there is currently a beta of this feature available with our beta program! If you'd like to try out this feature please sign up for our beta program.

paullefrancois
6 - Meteoroid

Do we have a release date yet? 

Thank you!

Paul

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @paullefrancois,

Unfortunately we cannot provide a release date at this time, however if you are interested in providing feedback on this feature you can check it out through our beta program!