Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Small Keyboard fix for the browse tool's filter

After I type something into the filter box, I should be able hit enter and then it just applies my change (ie enter hits the apply button). It used to be this way, but it's not working as of 2021.2. This feels like a very tiny move in the wrong direction. Currently enter does nothing. It looks like if I hit tab twice and then enter, it finds the apply button. I shouldn't have to hit tab twice. 

patrick_digan_0-1624451832000.png

cc: @Hollingsworth @A11yKyle 

10 Comments
Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

I'm in agreement with you @patrick_digan. Little stumbling blocks like this add up. Thanks for submitting!

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Oof agreed this is not the right direction. It makes sense to have Apply be the default action after typing and hitting enter. 

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Yes, agree with you @patrick_digan 

i wonder this change was made in 2021

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Yikes! This was logged as a defect, but I don't know how (or if) it was prioritized. I'll let you know when it's updated.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

clmc9601
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Yes, please! Happens to me all the time. 

NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

This has now been (re)implemented (Designer version 2022.3 demonstrates the expected behavior). Thanks for bringing this to our attention! 😁

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Wooooooo! @NicoleJ 🎈

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thanks @NicoleJ !

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

So I found something interesting today... 

If you use your mouse to select an option from the dropdown box, hitting enter won't actually work. If you want to be able to use the enter button to apply your filter, you must select your filter condition using up/down arrow keys. It seems it doesn't matter if you click into the textbox or not, the important thing is that the dropdown is selected using arrow keys, not your mouse.

Unfortunately, still not ideal. Let me know if I'm an anomaly, but I usually navigate to the filter menu and use my mouse to select my option from the dropdown then click into the text box, type my string, then hit enter. It seems this isn't possible in the current version. Others - please test and post your findings! 

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif