Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Show number of records on line in canvas

Hi,

It would be great if users have the option to display the number of records that go in and out of the different tools in your canvas. This allows users to very quickly see how many records are in their datasets, and especially quickly analyze the results of specific actions such as joins, filters etc. without the need to open each individual tool. Especially when performing joins this can be very useful to quickly see how many of your rows have been successfully joined. I think this will give users a feeling that they have more control over their data and a better understanding of what is happening in Alteryx. Also if you quickly want to review a complex workflow (especially when it is not your own) this could be a huge timesaver. Simply run the workflow and follow the numbers to see what is happening and identify tools that might cause issues.

Love to hear what you think!

Schermafbeelding 2021-04-08 om 10.50.36.png

6 Comments
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Would love an option to toggle this on. The tooltips that appear the workflow runs are extremely helpful, but go away after a few seconds. 

Luke_C_0-1618598103833.png

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @JorisvandenBerg 

Thank you for submitting your feedback to the Alteryx Ideas product board! We appreciate all the feedback we get and are working to review and respond to all ideas that have met the criteria to be brought to our product team. If you haven’t yet, please be sure to review our updatedSubmission Guidelines. 

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@Luke_C  this option already exists. If you select user settings (Options - User Settings - Edit User Settings), then select the canvas option there is a drop down which allows you to select to show all the time.

cgoodman3_0-1618991926402.png

emilyforeman
7 - Meteor

@cgoodman3 I tried setting up this configuration to "show" however the data values still disappear after a few seconds. I'm on 2021.3.3 is this a versioning issue? 

eottusch
5 - Atom

Click in the blank space of the canvas and in the configure pane on the left, choose "Show" under Connection Progress!

I tried it the user settings way, but it kept disappearing. This way, it stays! :)

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes