Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

SharePoint Online/Office 365 Cloud Instance Connectors

I have used the SharePoint List Connectors with our SharePoint 2010 (on prem) instance for some time now. It works great and has become invaluable. Unfortunately, I have been told that these connectors do not work with a Cloud instance or an instance that is not on prem. We need this capability since Microsoft is pushing coporations to move to the cloud instance and there is talk that on-prem may not be available past the 2016 version that is coming soon. Many companies including mine have either completed or are close to completing a full migration which has rendered the current SharePoint Connectors useless. While this is the most important part, another piece that is missing is a SharePoint Document Library connector (similar to the Amazon S3 Download/Upload). Currently I must use the UNC path to my SharePoint folders and an easier more reliable way to save files out to OneDrive and SharePoint Online would be very beneficial.
40 Comments
keith_ainsworth
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Alex,

I hope the connector will still support an "on-prem" solution as well as giving the ability to use Document Library functions (File Operations, versioning, etc).

Thanks,

Keith

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi All,

I want to clarify what will be available in the 11.0 release.

We will be upgrading our current Sharepoint List connectors for compatibility with Sharepoint Online. They will also work with Sharepoint 2013 and 2016 on-prem.

We do not yet have plans to build a Sharepoint Document LIbrary connector, though we will continue to iterate on the Sharepoint functionality in future releases.

Timing for V11.0 is now expected to be Q1 2017.

Best,

Alex

pbrink
8 - Asteroid

What version will this be an addition to?

arnold_slabbekoorn
7 - Meteor

Now we are moving to the sharepoint cloud, the list connectors as mentioned are not working. We really need those as well as the much needed connectors for any site document library and also a connector for onedrive corporate. I can link to my c:\ onedrive but when moving my workflow to the server that path obviously will not work so native cloud path connector is needed.

DarrenErrington
5 - Atom

Completely agree - access to SP online this should be addressed as a matter of urgency. Seems to be availabe in most other tools I'm using.

Thanks

Deb_dup_88
6 - Meteoroid

I will also be needing this as we are migrating to O365 within the next couple months.  Additionally, need to have the SP list connector to be able to use content types - content types are a best practice in SP, and all my lists use them, so i cant use the alteryx connector as it is now. 

Niladri
6 - Meteoroid

As I read, it should be released in next version , to be released at the end of 2016, may I ask this question of now, is there any release date for this major version? An approximate date would really help.

alexjohnlittle
7 - Meteor

I've heard (Alteryx Inspire conference) v11 is due for a Q1 2017 release, but there will only be an update to the Sharepoint List connector.

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi All,

As mentioned in my September post, we will be upgrading our current Sharepoint List connectors for compatibility with Sharepoint Online and 2013 and 2016 on-prem.

This will be released in V11- Q12017. It will also be in the beta that will be released this week, so we would love for you to check it out and let us know of any issues/feedback you encounter.

Best,

Alex

Niladri
6 - Meteoroid
Awesome.. Can you please provide the link to the beta , to be released
this week?

Regards,
Niladri