The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

SharePoint Online/Office 365 Cloud Instance Connectors

I have used the SharePoint List Connectors with our SharePoint 2010 (on prem) instance for some time now. It works great and has become invaluable. Unfortunately, I have been told that these connectors do not work with a Cloud instance or an instance that is not on prem. We need this capability since Microsoft is pushing coporations to move to the cloud instance and there is talk that on-prem may not be available past the 2016 version that is coming soon. Many companies including mine have either completed or are close to completing a full migration which has rendered the current SharePoint Connectors useless. While this is the most important part, another piece that is missing is a SharePoint Document Library connector (similar to the Amazon S3 Download/Upload). Currently I must use the UNC path to my SharePoint folders and an easier more reliable way to save files out to OneDrive and SharePoint Online would be very beneficial.
40 Comments
Amity
5 - Atom

Hi ,

I'm trying to connect to a list in my SharePoint (online ) and I succeed  to connect and run the workflow , but Alteryx crashing almost every time ...

-The list is very small  (5 items)

- I have enough RAM

This is the error I get when try to write to xlsx file : 

Error: Designer x64: The Designer x64 reported: InboundNamedPipe::ReadFile: Not enough bytes read. The pipe has been ended.

is there something I'm missing here ?

Thanks in advanced ,

Amit

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @aysha6029 and @Amity,

Please send an email to support@alteryx.com and they'll be happy to help you get started!

Best,

Alex

Reywasybot
5 - Atom

Hi @aysha609 and @AlexP

Did you ever manage to resolve this in version 11?  I'm having the same error message

Thanks

Toby

markusyk
7 - Meteor

Hi,

running Sharepoint List Input Connector on version 11.5 and SharePoint Online. Strings and numbers seem to come OK, but DateTime columns read in as NULL.

Any experiences with that?

cam_w
11 - Bolide

@ARich Hi Alex,

Again here, the main issue with SharePoint Online list access was addressed (Thank you!) but the secondary request (in the OP) for SharePoint Document Library access was not addressed. Are there plans to implement support for SharePoint document libraries, or should we submit specific idea for that request?

Thank you,

Cameron

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @cam_w,

Please go ahead and submit a separate idea for that so we can track separately and provide an accurate status. We have reading/writing files to/from SharePoint on the roadmap. Will that solve your use case?

Best,

Alex

cam_w
11 - Bolide

@ARich - Yeah, I tagged you in another 'idea' that is specific to this request. I'll post it here for other who are looking for this as well:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/officially-support-writing-to-SharePoint-doc...

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks @cam_w! I saw it :)

AirplaneGuy
5 - Atom

I didn't see this answered here but I think it was asked earlier. Do you know what is causing this error or how to fix it? See picture.

The underlying connection was closed, an unexpected error occurred on a send.

SharePoint Ouput Error.jpg

AirplaneGuy
5 - Atom

Upgrading to a newer version past .4 fixes the issue.