The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

SharePoint List Input tool: Enable reading Managed Metadata columns from a SharePoint list

The SharePoint List Input tool currently doesn't retrieve managed metadata columns from SharePoint lists (confirmed by @DanC in April 2018, Pulling Managed Metadata from a SharePoint List). This severely limits our use of the tool, as imports in Alteryx lack most metadata that is relevant for analysis and reporting.

Would be great if this could be added in a future release.

Thanks,

Lars

3 Comments
droberts07
5 - Atom

I believe this is a major need for Alteryx. The managed metadata columns in our lists contain pertinent information that we need to compile data for analytics and decision making.

Andrew_Meade
6 - Meteoroid

I'm not sure if this is in line with the metadata suggestion or not but I think it would be great if there was a drop down selection to return all the available "lists" in a SharePoint (similar to how XLSX has the option to show the name of all the sheets in the file that can be passed through a workflow stream). 

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Comments Requested

Hi @lbauer  , we have a new version of the Sharepoint List input tool in Beta testing. Would you be willing to give it a try and let me know if this version works according to your expectation? 

Thank you,

Vojta, PM for Data Connectors