Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

SharePoint Filename From Column

I recently began using the SharePoint Files v2.0.1 tools to read and write data. The SharePoint Files Output tool allows you to take a sheet or filename from a column but that column is still included in the output. The standard Output Data tool has a "Keep Field in Output" checkbox that allows you to control if the column stays in the XLSX of CSV file. It would be great if this same functionality could be included in the SharePoint Files Output tool.

Ouput Tool Checkbox.PNG

5 Comments
Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Love this idea @MattBenj 

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @MattBenj , you're absolutely right. We have this already in our roadmap for the next version of the Sharepoint tools, which is planned for its release in August. 

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Coming Soon

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

This option was implemented in the 2.2.0 version. 

jknutzen
5 - Atom

Maybe I'm just missing this @VojtechT, but I don't see this option anywhere in the Sharepoint Output tool in v2.2.0 or 2.3.0. The release notes say this was specifically implemented for sheet naming, but I'm interested in it for File names as well. I am creating a dynamic file name using the formula tool and want to use this for naming the output file on a Sharepoint site, but I don't want that column included in the output.